Wednesday, December 24, 2014

These are a few of my Favorite things...Fourteen in '14


14. Favorite quote:
From Bones. Dr. Brennan and Booth talking in the car about their relationship. 

Brennan: “You’re upset. You know I’d never sleep with him.”
Booth: “Well, you did tell me once that you thought that monogamy was unnatural.”
Brennan: “Yes. That’s true. Before I realized that we’re symbiotic. Like a clown fish and a sea anemone.”
Booth: “What are you talking about? Nemo? That doesn’t sound very romantic.”
Brennan: “I disagree. You and I, we’re bound to one another. So much so that I don’t feel I could survive without you. You nurture me, you protect me. You’re my home. If I were to damage that by a meaningless dalliance, it would be like killing myself. Something I would never do.
Booth: “That sounds a little better.”
Brennan: “I would never let anything compromise the life we share, Booth. I love you.”
Booth: “Okay, that’s romantic.”

Bones isn't my favorite show, I just happened to be watching it with my mom. I paused and rewound it so I could record this conversation and show it to my boyfriend. I thought it was so cute.

13. Favorite article of clothing:
Hoodies. I absolutely love Hoodies. and Jeans. I am most comfortable in jeans, a hoodie and flip flops!

12. Favorite movie you watched:
I haven't watched a lot of movies...I have a tendency to fall asleep. However we did have a girls day and watched Divergent and Sex Tape. I laughed so hard during Sex Tape. It was SO funny. So that one can be the winner. I also showed Prancer to my kids the last week before winter break and forgot what a great movie that is.

11. Favorite TV series:
Grimm.

10. Favorite restaurant:
I love Chevys. Sadly there isn't one anywhere near us. I think Orlando is the closest one. 

9. Favorite new thing you tried:
Stand Up PaddleBoarding. Since moving to FL my boyfriend wanted to buy one for himself so we thought we better try it before investing in a board. It was so HARD but so fun! We did NOT get to paddleboard with the Sea Manatees but I am hoping swimming with them is coming soon in 2015!!

8. Favorite gift you got:
My monogrammed necklace and our home Florida sign. Both birthday presents from my sometimes very thoughtful boyfriend.


7. Favorite thing you pinned:
I wanted to make a wreath for our door. I scoured pinterest for something I thought I could make without too much training and came across this cute little guy and decided I could do that. 
 However at the time I did not realize it was an ornament...I just looked the picture and made it. Mine is a little different but I think I NAILED IT!

6. Favorite blog post:
My good friend, amazing teacher and previously my coworker, Fourth Grade Lemonade! She encouraged me to start my own blog and I am constantly asking her what to write about, post, etc. If you don't follow her you need to! 


5. Best accomplishment:
Making the move to Florida. It was a big move for me, far away from my family, moving in with my boyfriend, as well as a new school, grade level and curriculum. Big steps in my life. But I feel really good about it all in the end. Happy Six Months in Florida to me!

4. Favorite picture:
Because it is ours. 
Our first Christmas tree, creating all our holiday traditions together has been a great experience. 

3. Favorite memory:
Feeding and kissing the baby zebra at the Fair! He was so soft and such a greedy little guy he wanted all the carrots!

2. Goal for 2015:
Actually put things in my TpT store. I have tons of things that I create but I get shy about sharing them with the world. So I will try and post at least one thing to my store and blog each month!

1. One Little Word:

Happy.



 Click here to link back to the party!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your Florida home sign. I need one of those for my house! I did the SUP once. It was hard. I seriously fell off the board for the first hour that I was on it. It was a great workout though. I hope your year was amazing here in the Sunshine State! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison!! So far I am loving the sunshine state!! Hope you had a great year too!

      Delete