Wednesday, July 5, 2017

New Blog Name, New State, New School, New Grade Level, Same Teacher

It has been over a year since I have blogged! OVER A YEAR! 

Well there is so much new going on! I moved to Colorado. 
No more beaches. No more sand. No more hurricane watches, no more humidity. Now most of you are probably cringing because you love the beach, but I however do not LOVE the beach. I like it but my real LOVE is the mountains. And now I have dry air, snow capped mountains, ATVing, hiking, and high altitude! I am super excited to be on this new journey!

I was able to interview and get hired same day at an amazing school! I will be teaching 5th grade (again!) There will be 6 teachers on my grade level. My new school goes PreK-6th grade. So teaching at a school where 5th grade isn't the highest grade level will be totally new! 

Colorado is a Common Core state so the standards are the same as in Florida. (well until they changed them to Florida State Standards which were just CCSS with FL tacked on the front, and different numbers). Anyway, my new curriculum is Every Child a Reader, Every Child a Writer, and Everyday Math. None of these I am familiar with. But have researched them some, anyone else use them?

Either way I am super excited about this new journey and hopefully I can get back into blogging. Back to School and Meet the Teacher coming up! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment