Friday, November 13, 2020

quarantined teacher day 1

So it happened Yall. My team and I are quarantined. Got the news today. My school actually went 8 weeks without having to shut down a single cohort and then I swear it's been a downward slope every since. 
T7b - kid positive
T6 - teacher positive
S6 - teacher exposure to positive
T8b - kid positive
S7b - kid positive

It's been a lot. Administration and other support staff are covering classrooms of kids while their teachers are remote into the classroom. Technology isn't always working. Fear is running rampant. And both students and teachers are already stretched thin. 

We wear our mask. We keep distance. We sanitize and have cohorts and don't care the hallway spaces, have zoom meetings. And we are still having shut downs. It absolutely sucks. I feel like a prisoner at school. I cant talk to my friends in person. Only video calls. I can't hug kids or get hugs. We all need hugs Yall. And some of these kids - this is the tough one -  some of my students I have NEVER seen their whole faces. Just their eyes and forehead. It is heart breaking. 

I'm struggling with quarantine. I'm not a very good caged animal. I gain energy from others. I feed off the energy in the room. And I'm going to miss my kids. Hoping it goes fast and that my team and students stay safe and heathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment