Sunday, November 2, 2014

Literary Pumpkins

For Halloween every year my previous school and now my new school (thanks to me!) do a Literary Pumpkin Patch activity to display in the library. The kids LOVE dressing up the pumpkin and then getting to vote on the best one for the school! This year my class won Librarian's choice award for grades 3-5! It was my first year winning an award for our pumpkin!

My first year in Second Grade we made Nate the Great.
My second year in Second Grade we made Bunnicula.

This year my fifth graders and I had just finished our Native American unit and my kids loved the book we read about the Native Americans of the Northwest, so we made Raven Child from Raven a tale of a trickster. Librarian's Choice Winner for grades 3-5!

 Does your school do anything for Halloween that incorporates literacy?


No comments:

Post a Comment