Thursday, November 6, 2014

Symphony Field Trip

So since I have started using Facebook I am noticing that I am posting more but want to continue to post on my actual blog as well. I will hopfully find a balance soon. Thanks for sticking with me as I begin my blogging journey!

Today we went on our second field trip of the year to see the Pensacola Symphony. Our first musical trip was to a local music store to have an instrument petting zoo. Also a totally awesome trip. I'm super thankful for our music teacher and the energy she has to stimulate our music program and get the kids interested in music. 

The Symphony though! What an experience for the kids. We asked them to dress up since typically when attending a symphony you would dress up.  Most of my kids looked so beautiful/handsome  (proud teacher moment). 

The theme was American music or music that was written/composed in the United States. The Conductor told the kids about each song and composer and talked about the instruments in the symphony orchestra. Towards the end of the performance (the last two songs actually) were compositions that were in movies. 

And wouldn't you know they played two songs from Frozen  (Let it Go and For the First time in Forever). The kids went NuTS! It was so cool to hear them all singing along! 
The final and most famous movie composition of all was the Star Wars theme. (Even cooler that they announced the newest movie title today as well and my force and motion lessons in science have been star wars themed)! So my students in particular went crazy when they started this song! 


Where do you take your students on field trips? Is there a limit to how many trips you can take? Do your trips have to meet/apply to your states standards? 


Happy teaching Friends,
Cynnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment