Sunday, November 2, 2014

Update: Constitution Week

I have previously been given resources to teach about the Constitution but have never had the time to really teach anything. Not to mention I was teaching in 2nd grade and thought it was a little over my kids heads. Well this year...Constitution week is required in Florida, I was teaching fifth graders so I thought I would give it a shot! And I LOVED IT! So did my kids!
I made an awesome smartboard lesson with tons of videos and information about the Constitution and the Preamble. Florida Department of Education gave us TONS of resources.

One of the resources I used in my classroom was this close reading activity. It was easy to use in reading groups as it had leveled passages. Fifth in the Middle posts awesome resources head over and check her out! 



I also used the Preamble Match from Hooty's Homeroom! My kids LOVED this preamble match!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Preamble-Match-863607







1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you are great teacher, who always keeps children busy, motivated and engaged at school and kids can't wait to have lessons again. School education is vey important for children, it should be really good quality and provide them with all necessary knowledge and skills to success in the future. Kids should be taught such skill as admission essay writing, as admission essay is a chance to speak to admission officer, to distinguish oneself. To make a long story short, I'd say well written admission essay enhances chances to enter the University of your Dream.

    ReplyDelete